Social Security – Are we considered “The Greediest Generation?”
I gotta get this off my chest. And, I gotta do it soon. It ain’t gonna go away any time soon. It probably ain’t gonna change either. There are ALWAYS a lot of negative rumblings on the radar – on TV, newspapers, magazines, internet bloggers, etc, – when it comes to Social Security. I have been in quite a snit about it for a few weeks after I read an article in the Sun-Sentinel titled “Trim Social Security Cola’s”. It’s an informative story, whether you agree with these proposals or not, with two real good links to other related stories about Social Security and Medicare; and CPI cuts that Barack Hussein Obama wants to make. Here’s the link. http://tinyurl.com/bmwqjsl
In summary, people will be hurt by what’s being proposed. But, proponents of this say that the new way to “mumbo-jumbo” the numbers around for yearly raises to Cost of Living is to now account for the fact that many consumers turn to lower-cost products when prices rise. (They might buy pork instead of beef, or drive less if gas prices rise.) The gonads these politicians have using this against us. So, now we won’t get the normal cost of living increase this year, cut down on expenses to cover that; AND GET PENALIZED FOR IT!
The other day I received an email title “Ya think she is pissed?” Of course, it piqued my interest. It was really timely in view of how I had been doing a slow burn about the proposed cuts. With a little research to find out if this had any validity, I discovered that it was an email that has been going around since 2010. However, it is still relevant today as “it says it all”. (I X’d out any reference to the author’s name.) After reading it, take a look at this blog at: http://tinyurl.com/c6s9k9b for some good stuff on Social Security from “American Blogger: Gunny G”. The Gunny has it right, he says – “The Problem with Social Security Reform is this: The Government Already Stole the Money”
Here it is – Ya Think She’s Pissed
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared “Social Security” to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here’s a response in a letter from XXXXX XXXXXX in Montana … I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
“Hey Alan, let’s get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and “your ilk” pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your “shill commission” are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now “you morons” propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because “you idiots” mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you “incompetent bastards” spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money.
Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt. To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies? It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits “entitlements“. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It’s my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks.
EVERYONE!! If you agree with what a Montana citizen, Xxxxx Xxxxx, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!
Reminder: After reading this, take a look at this blog at: http://tinyurl.com/c6s9k9b for some good stuff on Social Security from “American Blogger: Gunny G”. The Gunny has it right, he says – “The Problem with Social Security Reform is this: The Government Already Stole the Money”